Start your conquest now!
Table of Contents
- 1: Install The Original Game
- 2: Install Celeste Fan Project Patch
- 3: Play AOEO Celeste Fan Project
- 4: Troubleshooting
1: Install The Original Game
[OPTION 1] Install the original game using Steam
- 1: You need to install STEAM and create an account if you haven't already.
- 2: Follow this link to install "Age Of Empires Online"
[OPTION 2] Install the original game without using Steam
- 1: You need to download the game using this link AOEO_Setup.exe
- 2: Once the download is complete you can install the game (You can install in the default installation directory, or you can install the game in a custom location).
Install the game on Linux
- The game can be played on Linux using the Lutris installer .
2: Install Celeste Fan Project Patch
- 1: You need to download CelesteLauncher.zip
- 2: Once the download is finished you'll need to extract
the .zip file's contents.
- If you installed through Steam, extract the files directly into the "Age Of Empires Online" folder within your steam library. (By default, this is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age Of Empires Online )
- Otherwise, if you did not use Steam, create a folder in your Documents folder (Named anything you'd like) and extract the contents there.
- 3: You can create a shortcut to the Celeste Launcher by right-clicking the Celeste Launcher's executable file then clicking "Copy To > Desktop (Shortcut)". You will use the celeste launcher (or that shortcut) to open the game.
Note: If you used Steam to install the game and want to use Steam to launch the Celeste Launcher correctly, then click on the Hammer Button in the launcher, then "Convert to Steam Game". Steam should now launch the Celeste Launcher instead of the old, original launcher that is broken.
3: Play AOEO Celeste Fan Project
[OPTION 1] Play AOEO Celeste Fan Project Using Celeste Launcher
- 1: Launch "Celeste Launcher.exe" by using the shorcut on your desktop created during previous step (Install Celeste Fan Project Patch) .
- 2: Click on register if don't have already an account, if not go to step 4.
- 3: Register your account (you need to use an valid email).
- 4: Login using your credetentials.
- 5: Set the game language in celeste launcher if incorrect.
- 6: Click "PLAY" and enjoy the game :).
[OPTION 2 (ADVANCED)] Play AOEO Celeste Fan Project Without Using Celeste Launcher
- 1: You need to be already registered, if not use "Celeste Launcher.exe" to do it.
- 2: Navigate to your game folder and create an shortcut for "Spartan.exe".
- 3: Right click on the new shortcut, then press "Properties" and edit "Target" field like in this example (you need to change credential with yours): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Age Of Empires Online\Spartan.exe" --email "[email protected]" --password "mypassword1234"
Follow these steps if you have any issue to run the game and/or "Celeste Launcher.exe".
- 1: Download and install Visual C++ Runtime AIO
- 2: Download and install DirectX End-User Runtime
- 3: Download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- 4: Download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- 5: Download and install Windows Universal CRT
Additional step (Windows 8 and up only):
- 5.1: Right click on "Start" button.
- 5.2: Click on "Programs and Features".
- 5.3: Click on the label "Programs and Features" (Top Right of the opened windows in previous step).
- 5.4: Click "Turn Windows features on or off".
- 5.5: Search for "Legacy Components" and expand it.
- 5.6: Check the box for DirectPlay if not already checked.
- 5.7: Confirm new settings by clicking "OK".
If you have any issue to connect to server with the game and/or "Celeste Launcher" you need to allow "Spartan.exe" and "Celeste Launcher.exe" in your firewall. If you use the default Windows Firewall follow this guide (by howtogeek.com) , and if you use another one refer to his documentation.
If you have trouble playing coop or pvp, read this guide .